Welcome to my Croatian life♥
Journey with me, Kaleigh Hendershot- an American girl who moved to the Eastern European country of Croatia! I share all about travel, lifestyle, personal thoughts and stories, and focus on two main things for you:
1) How moving abroad is just one of the best things you can do and
2) How the experience of Croatia and its culture will leave you forever changed(in a good way).
Who’s this blog for?
- This blog is for every 20-something-year-old who’s always had a burning fire to see the world.
- This blog is for every 20-something-year-old (and others also) who enjoy their life now, but are looking for something a change of pace.
- This blog is for people who have a lust for travel, cultures, food and drink, and enjoy sharing that with others.
- This blog is for people who’ve taken the GIANT leap of faith and moved abroad.
- This blog is for people who haven’t taken the leap of faith (YET) but are looking for the inspiration to grab life by the horns and go for it.
I know how scary it all is. I want to tell you that you CAN achieve it. Have you ever been to a place you loved so much you wanted to pick-up and move there? Yep. I know. That’s exactly what happened to me and now I live in the most wonderful country: Croatia.
A little about me
I’m a 25-year-old American girl living in the capital city, Zagreb, Croatia. I came to Croatia a little less than 2 years ago, backpacking by myself (yes, it was totally safe) and on a quest to return back to Santorini, Greece where I’d been the year before and loved it.
Well, needless to say, I wound up stuck on the island of Korcula (check it out here), with a Croatian-girl-turned-best-friend/soul-sister, who, within 24 hours of knowing each other, invited me to meet her family and ultimately to live in Croatia if I ever wanted.
She was in luck! I went back to the states for 4 months, got rid of just about darn near everything, packed my whole life into 3 suitcases, and off I went!
The story of how I stayed longer than my tourist visa is, of course, another long story, so stay subscribed for more.
The point is, when I came to Croatia, I felt like I’d been here my whole life. So I took it and ran with it (momentum people! If ya got it, use it!)
My main squeezzeee
Source: “Croatian Flag” by Nikolaj Potanin
This blog is focused on the list above, but more than that it’s focused on the single thing I’m forever enchanted by: the country of Croatia.
Just about nearly everything I write(with the except of coming personal pieces) are about the experience of Croatia. From the travel section to the life abroad section and to my general blog section– which tells my personal story of coming to Croatia for the first time- is to show you the rich, beautiful, and enchanting experience of Croatia.
I dedicate this blog to anyone in Croatia looking to leave (I understand why, trust me, but we’ll talk about it later), anyone who’s visited before (and freaking loved it), and anyone with a strong urge to visit one day (best decision of your life). And of course, the most important group of all, all the Croatians who have a fierce love and pride for their homeland. This American girl is right there with you! 🙂
So, what’s in it for you, you might ask?
Well, a couple things!
- Knowledge of Croatian culture and lifestyle (hopefully with some stories that can make you laugh too)
- Travel ideas- both in Croatia and surrounding countries
- Suggestions for food and drink- need I say more?
- Suggestions for shopping- we all love a little help with this don’t we girls?!
- The chance to share your dreams- bring on the comments! I love to hear from people and where they’re at with living and/or moving abroad
- The opportunity to connect with others about moving abroad and/or experience Croatia
Thank you for taking the time to check out my site and I hope we can embark on a great journey together!
If you’d like to collaborate me, please email me at email@example.com
Please feel free to shoot me an email via contact form down below for travel tips/questions- I love helping others, ESPECIALLY when it comes to Croatia!